LOS ANGELES CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS COMMITTED TO OBTAINING MAXIMUM COMPENSATION FOR LOS ANGELES CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS
If you have been injured in an auto accident, you should seek the advice of a dedicated Los Angeles car accident lawyer immediately. Injury victims have a right to be fully compensated for any losses they suffer as a result of an accident. The negligent driver’s insurance company will do anything possible to minimize its exposure in these accidents, and the assistance of a good attorney will help to ensure that your rights are protected.
At the law firm of Farar & Lewis LLP, we represent clients who have been injured in any type of auto accident. In every case, our only concern is our clients’ well-being. Even if you feel that your accident may not have been that serious, if you are experiencing any kind of pain after the fact, we want to talk to you. Our Los Angeles Car Accident attorneys will conduct a thorough review of your case and fully explain your rights under the law.
Dependable Representation In All Types Of Auto Accident Claims
We are car accident lawyers first and foremost. We have extensive experience handling all types of these cases, including rear-end and T-bone accidents, truck accidents and motorcycle accidents. We have successfully represented pedestrians and bicyclists in a variety of claims. We have proven ourselves repeatedly in complex accident claims involving drunk drivers and drivers who use cell phones behind the wheel.
We understand the types of injuries that can happen in these accidents and the care that is typically required to accommodate your recovery. We will fully investigate your case to determine how your injuries occurred and seek full compensation on your behalf. We always work to obtain a fair settlement as quickly as possible, but we will not do so at the expense of your best interests. If necessary, we are fully prepared to take your case to court.
Contact One Of Our Attorneys To Discuss Your Auto Accident Injuries
We invite you to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with a car accident lawyer in Los Angeles. We will answer your questions honestly and let you know what we can do to help you. We know that this is a difficult time. You are not alone. Please call or text now or contact us via email to arrange an appointment. If you are unable to come to our office, we are happy to come to you.
What to do after a car accident
After a car accident happens, it’s a good idea to get as much information as possible from the opposing driver. Here are some of the things you should look out for. Sometimes, when a car accident happens – people don’t get all the information they need/their attorney might need. We suggest getting as much information as always.
- Get the name, address, phone number, and license information, of the other driver.
- Get the other driver’s insurance policy, and insurance company information.
- Get the license plate # of the other car, and take pictures of the car as well.
- Take down as much information as possible about the accident itself. For example, when you hire a car accident lawyer, you’ll need to take down information such as: where the accident happened, the lane each driver was in, the direction you were both going, the speed both were traveling, and other such information.
- If there are witnesses, then you should secure their contact information. Typically, the car accident attorney you hire will hire investigators, or themselves, talk to witnesses. Language isn’t an issue – since we can help hire language translators to get the information needed from the witnesses. It’s extremely crucial you get witness information.
- Make sure that the police arrive at the scene of the accident. Without a formal police report, it’s impossible to prove anything happened at all. Make sure you don’t admit to something inaccurate, or incorrect, when speaking to the police. If you don’t know the answer to a question, then say I don’t know. If you say something incorrect, then it could be used against you. After you speak to the police, we’ll then order a police report.
What to look for when picking a Los Angeles Auto Accident Lawyer
It’s important to pick an auto accident attorney whose responsive to your needs. You shouldn’t always be simply talking to a paralegal, or case manager. Try to find a boutique law firm where you can develop a relationship, and be kept in the loop. If you have questions, they should be answered by the auto accident attorney in charge. If the claim is a complex automobile, or vehicle accident injury – then this is crucial.
It’s also equally important that you hire a car accident lawyer who is aggressive. Typically, insurance companies are interested in paying as little money as possible. Insurance providers make money, when they deny – or lowball, an injury claim. As a result, it’s often very common for companies to offer some quick and easy cash, that is significantly lower than what you deserve. What most victims don’t realize, is that by taking that quick cash – they have inadvertently signed away their right to future litigation or compensation of any kind. It’s important you hire a tough, and effective, auto accident lawyer in Los Angeles – who can fight for you, and won’t settle for less.
It’s important that you pick a car accident attorney who understands personal injury law – and focuses on it specifically. Farar & Lewis LLP – is a trustworthy, and well known Los Angeles car accident law firm, that has established itself as a leader in helping victims of car accidents get the compensation they need to take control of their life.
What should you have prepared when speaking to a Los Angeles car accident attorney
As soon as you pick up the phone, the auto accident lawyer you speak to will ask you some very basic questions. You should do your best to have answers to as many questions as possible. If you don’t have the answers – that’s fine as well, since the Los Angeles auto accident attorney you hire, will be conducting an investigation into the incident.
- Where did the accident occur? Have as much information about the specifics of the location as possible.
- Do you get contact info for the other party?
- What street were you driving on, and what direction was the other party going? What lane were you both in, and who caused the accident?
- How fast was the other driver going, and how fast were you going?
- How did the accident occur? Did it happen because of a defect in one of your cars?
- Do you have the contact information and insurance information of the other driver?
- Did the police come to the scene of the accident? Did you file a report? If so, we’ll request a copy of the traffic accident report.
- Did you secure any witnesses? If so, tell us! They will strengthen the validity of your case.
- Do you have photographs? Photo’s of the scene of the accident strengthen your claim, and are great to have. We can use them in court as well.
- What specific injuries did you suffer? If you had medical treatment after the accident, and went to the hospital, or doctor, then tell us – because this will help us get your medical records, and strengthen your case.
Get medical treatment after a car accident
If you are injured, after a car accident – you should get medical treatment as soon as possible. People should never wait before getting treatment. Go right from the scene of the accident to the hospital, or doctor, in order to create proof of your injuries. If you delay treatment, the opposing insurance company can argue that your injuries are the result of some other accident that may have occurred.
If you are in pain, you should get evaluated by a medical provider as soon as possible. If it’s a serious accident, then you should go to a hospital.
Big mistakes made when a victim files a car accident claim
Some people, that don’t hire an attorney immediately – often make mistakes. For example, some victims may speak to the opposing insurance company. They give an incorrect, or false, recorded statement. This can then be used to invalidate their claim, and can be used against them in court. Even if the other driver’s insurance company may be at fault, if you make an incorrect statement – it can be used to make you look at fault. Another common mistake made, is victims not getting enough information at the scene of the accident. Sometimes, people not call the police, or ask for the insurance information about the other driver. This makes it much more difficult to conduct a police investigation. In some accidents, we’ve seen drivers not give their insurance information – which means additional investigative work has to be done.
Another big mistake we often see made, is when victims ignore suggested medical treatments. It can be difficult to prove you were injured. It’s important you follow through on all of the recommended medical treatments, in order to prove the validity of your injuries. Without getting medical treatment, it’s difficult to ask for compensation – since the insurance company will deny your injuries existed.
How hard is to settle a case after being in an accident
It can be difficult to get a settlement after an auto accident case. It all depends on the facts of your case. Every person, who is a victim of an auto accident, has a right to compensation or damages. The issue becomes – how strong is your case, and whether or not the other party has proper liability insurance. The way an accident happened, the injuries, can be different for each and every person. Sometimes, it can go smoothly. For example, if the other driver has $15,000 in liability insurance – and your injuries are exceeding that of $15,000 – with medical bills and all other expenses combined, then you may be eligible to get the insurance policy limit.
Sometimes, if you wait too long to file a claim, or bring up a claim – you may be unable to file a personal injury claim. California’s statute of limitations set forth a deadline before filing a lawsuit. In California, there is a 2 year deadline to file a personal injury claim for injuries suffered. There are certain exceptions, for things like medical malpractice claims, claims against government agencies, or when a minor is injured. It’s crucial to get the appropriate evidence, as soon as possible. If you haven’t spoken to a lawyer and it’s getting close to the 2 year mark – then it could be harder to get an insurance company to settle a case. If you wait to long to file a claim, it can be harder to prove the validity of your injuries, and could be harder to investigate as well – since crucial evidence, like witnesses – could be gone.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys typically see a few different type of accidents.
Low Speed Impact Accidents: Car accidents that take place under 10 mph, are considered low speed impacts. Typically, these types of accidents result in whiplash.
Front Impacts: Front impacts take place when the front of a driver’s vehicle, hits something – like a wall, a tree, animal, or other object.
Rear End Accident: Impacts from the rear, are very common. This is the #1 common form of car and auto related accident. It happens when a car, truck, or SUV, hits the rear of another vehicle. Often, the driver who was in the rear – is at fault in these accidents. We’ve typically seen drivers distracted – by texting, or something else, cause these accidents.
Side Collisions: Side collisions result in a drivers door, or passenger door, getting hit by another vehicle. Injuries can include concussions, or even broken bones.
How much does it cost to hire a Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
Our Los Angeles car accident law firm, only gets paid when we win your case for you. If we don’t win, we don’t get paid. There aren’t upfront fees, as car accident attorneys. Our retainer agreement results in us working on a contingency fee basis – which means we only get attorney fees if there’s a successful recovery.