At Farar & Lewis LLP, our goal is to help victims of car accidents in Los Angeles get justice. If you’ve been injured in Los Angeles, as result of a car accident, or other auto-vehicle injury – our Los Angeles car accident lawyers can help. If you were injured due to the negligence of someone else, we can help. We offer a risk free consultation, and can help you – regardless of how, or when, your accident happened. We are your advocates, and we’re on your side. Reach out to us today.
Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys never charge a fee, if you’ve been injured – unless we’re able to win your case. There are no upfront fees, and our attorneys are available 24/7. If you’ve been severely injured, our personal injury attorneys in Los Angeles can even come to you – at your place of business, your home, or even the hospital. We’ve recovered ten’s of millions of dollars, and can help you too.
Getting in a car accident is a scary and difficult time for everyone, but when you’re not the driver at fault, it can add even more unnecessary stress to your life. We like to believe that other drivers on the road are doing whatever they can to keep other drivers safe. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case.
Drivers can make mistakes, act careless, and make poor decisions behind the wheel. If you are on the other end of those negligent acts, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against that person. But if you want to file a personal injury claim for your car accident, there are a few things you will need to do to prepare.
To get the most compensation for a car accident, here are a few steps you should take.
When Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney?
When you’re in a car accident, it is natural to want someone else to blame. If you’ve been injured and your car has been damaged because of the careless acts of another driver, you may be tempted to point fingers and demand compensation.
However, not all car accidents will fit the requirements for a personal injury claim. In order to have a legitimate case, you must have suffered severe injuries, have expensive medical bills, or have a significant amount of lost wages or loss of income because of the injuries you sustained in the car accident.
There are many damages and injuries that may come from a car accident. Unfortunately, many of those injuries can have extremely serious and even life threatening consequences. You will want the help of a car accident attorney when working on your case to improve your chances of winning and receiving maximum compensation.
Why Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
A car accident attorney can help argue on your behalf against the big insurance providers and companies who may be trying to pay you less than you deserve. Because insurance companies want to pay as little as possible in settlements and claims, they often try to offer low settlements when victims are most vulnerable.
Many insurance companies will try to approach car accident victims while they are still in the hospital to offer them a settlement. For victims who have never been in a car accident before or who have never had a personal injury case before, the settlement amount that they offer may seem like a good deal.
Unfortunately, this number is rarely the complete amount that you could get. It does not consider things like future medical bills, pain and suffering, and the additional expenses you may have while trying to get healthy again.
A Bucks County Car Accident Attorney can negotiate with the major insurance companies to get you the right settlement for your case. By comparing your case with similar cases and settlement packages, you can rest assured knowing you are well taken care of and will get all the money that you’re entitled to.
Compensation Received from Car Accident Personal Injury Cases
Like other forms of personal injury cases, you can receive compensation in various forms. The kind and amount of compensation you will get will depend on the injuries that you have, how serious those injuries are, and what other expenses you may have.
Here is a brief overview of the various kinds of compensation often associated with car accident cases.
- Medical Expenses: Your settlement will cover your medical expenses , bills, and treatment costs. In addition to covering your present medical bills, you will want enough compensation that you can afford any additional treatments or doctors visits that may come in the years ahead.For some individuals, this number can be quite high. If you have sustained a severe injury or a permanent disability, you may have consistent doctors visits for many years or even the rest of your life. The amount you get in compensation should cover those expenses.
- Lost Wages: If you have serious injuries following a car accident, you’ve probably needed to take some time off of work. When you’re away from your position, this can drastically cut back on your income and the way cash is flowing into your household.Your compensation package should cover the wages that you lost during recovery. This may also include the lost wages from days you’ve needed to visit the doctor or time you’ve needed to take off because of appointments.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: Depending on the type of job you held before your accident, your injuries may cause you to lose potential earnings. If your injuries prevent you from returning to your job or stops you from advancing in your industry, you may also get compensation for loss of earning capacity.Because you cannot clearly define how much you have lost in the future, a car accident attorney can help formulate an argument for your potential.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering is another area that you may be able to receive a high amount of compensation. Because pain and suffering takes into consideration the emotional damage caused by the accident, it can be difficult to put a true monetary value on it.Just like loss of earning capacity, it is best to allow a personal injury attorney to argue the amount of money you should receive for pain and suffering.
- Additional Costs: With any injury there are additional costs that you may have in order to maintain quality of life. Those expenses may be something as small as extra gas to make it to your doctors to larger expenses like renovating your home to accommodate wheelchairs.If you have additional expenses that revolve around your injury, your settlement should cover those as well.
Each time we get behind the wheel of our cars, we are taking responsibility for our safety. But the safety of other drivers and riders is also at stake. Unfortunately, some drivers do not take other’s safety as seriously as they should. Drivers can make careless mistakes, drive recklessly, and cause accidents that result in injury.
Injuries from car accidents can lead to disabilities, high medicals, and discomfort. If you are not at fault for the accident, you may be able to file a car accident personal injury claim that can provide you with support. If you win your case, you can have compensation to cover those expenses.
Why is a Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer Necessary?
There are many different injuries that may result from a car accident. Some accidents are minor. But minor injuries can still lead to lost wages and medical bills that hurt your bank account. Severe accidents lead to even more consequences. If you’ve been seriously injured, you may face a lifetime of disability and discomfort.
Any individual injured in a car accident they are not at fault for can receive compensation. To get more from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, you need to prove that their mistake led to the accident. The best way to effectively prove your case is to use the help of an expert personal injury attorney.
Here are some of the main reasons you will want to work with a personal injury attorney after being injured in a car accident.
- Past Experience:If you’ve never been in a car accident before, the next steps may be unclear. You don’t know how much money you’re entitled to or how to prove that you need it. When the insurance company offers you a settlement, you may feel tempted to take it.
Personal injury attorneys work with clients like you all the time. They know what process similar cases need to follow and what compensation the victim deserves. A personal injury attorney can be a guide for you through the entire process. They can also ensure you don’t agree to a settlement far below what you deserve.
- Negotiation Skills:If you’ve never had to negotiate a serious settlement, it can be daunting. With so much money on the line, facing an expert negotiator can be a challenge.
With the help of a personal injury attorney, you won’t need the to worry about your own negotiation skills. Instead, you’ll also have a negotiating expert working on your behalf.
- Understanding of the Law:The law is a complicated thing to understand. In addition to the court regulations you must follow, the procedures and rules of the court may be confusing to follow. This may cause you to make infractions or violate certain procedures or terms of the court.
Your personal injury attorney will have vast experience in the law and cases like yours. Your attorney will know what to do, how to do it, and when it needs to be done. By covering all the bases, you don’t need to worry about paying fines or fees because of infractions.
- Time:If you decide to represent yourself, you will need to work on your case in your spare time. When you hire an attorney, you’re buying their time.
After a car accident, you have enough on your hands. It can be hard to find time to work on your case between trying to recover, visiting your doctors, and attempting to put get your life back on track. With an attorney’s help, you can focus on recovering and resting.
There are many benefits to having a personal attorney represent you in a car accident case, but they all relate back to the compensation you can get. The end goal of any car accident personal injury claim is to get money to help with expenses. You want to get the most compensation possible to help with medical bills, time away from work, and future expenses you may have.
Types of Compensation from a Car Accident Case
Compensation will come in a few different forms with a car accident case. Some of those types will be easier to understand than others because they have a clear monetary value attached to it. Other types may be more difficult because they are emotional or considering the future.
The first type of compensation is medical bills and expenses. It can be easy to tell how much money you need when looking at the medical bills you’ve already acquired. But your medical expenses will also need to consider how much money you’ll need in the future for treatments or rehabilitations.
Lost wages is another compensation area that can be clearly defined. If you’ve missed work because of your injuries, lost wages would be the paycheck you would have received had you not been injured. However, if the injury prevents you from ever returning to work, you are also entitled to a loss of earning capacity settlement. This amount can be harder to define because it considers how much you could have made had you not been hurt.
Finally, pain and suffering is the most difficult compensation area to define. Because it considers the emotional or physical pain that you encountered because of your injury, it isn’t as clear as the other areas.
You can also ask for compensation for other expenses related to your injuries. These extra expenses can include things like home renovations to accommodate a wheelchair or extra gas expenses to visit your doctor. Be sure to discuss these expenses with your attorney so they can be included in your compensation.
A personal injury attorney will act as a support system through your case. They want to see you get the most compensation and live a high-quality life. They will work with you to win your case and get you the settlement you deserve.