call for a free consultation 800-615-6595


Farar & Lewis LLP is a top rated law firm, with over 40 years of combined experience. Our attorneys have won over $100 million, in combined verdicts and settlements for our clients. You deserve compensation for your pain and suffering, and it's our job to get it for you.

Los Angeles

Personal Injury Lawyers


Personal Attention

At Farar & Lewis LLP, we pride ourselves on our ability to be there for our clients, 24/7 when tragedy or questions arise. Every single one of our clients has access to their assigned lawyer.

Respected Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers

We’re proud to say that our personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles, are recognized as leaders in the state of California. Our firm has won millions, in compensation for our clients.

No Fee Ever. Unless We Win.

Our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys are on your team. That means we’re with you 100% of the way. We prove this, by never charging any upfront fees.

Risk Free Consultation. No Upfront Fees-

It's simple. There's NO upfront fee for our services. We offer a risk free consultation.

A Practice Dedicated Exclusively To Helping Injury Victims

If you have been injured in an auto accident or another type of accident that you did not cause, it is important that you seek the advice of a qualified California personal injury attorney who knows the law and has the ability to secure the compensation you deserve. At the law firm of Farar & Lewis LLP, we represent Southern California clients through some of the most difficult times of their lives.

We know how overwhelming it can be for injury victims to deal with overzealous insurance adjusters who want to settle their claims for as little as possible. We take the burden of the legal issues off your shoulders and work directly with the insurance company to negotiate a settlement that provides the medical care and financial support necessary to facilitate your recovery. If a fair settlement cannot be negotiated, we will take your case to court.

Our Iron-Clad Commitment To YOU

We are committed to you and your right to no-nonsense legal representation, timely communication and full compensation. We pride ourselves on providing punctual and honest case assessments.

Our team of trial lawyers has over 40 years of combined experience, fighting on behalf of victims all over the state of California. get a free consultation


Motorcyclist Suffers From Automobile Accident
Premises Liability/Trip and Fall
Premises Liability/Trip and Fall
Auto vs. Auto
Pedestrian suffers from automobile accident
risk free consultation

Can I sue the government if injured by a government employee?

Under the Federal Tort Claims Act, you are able to sue the federal government if you are injured due to the negligence of a government employee, provided that the negligent action occurred while the employee was on the job.

Sovereign Immunity and the Federal Tort Claims Act

A doctrine called sovereign immunity protected the federal government from litigation for many years. Sovereign immunity essentially meant that you can’t sue the king, or queen, or the country’s ruling body. The United States has always followed this doctrine, but in the early 20th century the Federal Tort Claims Act was created. Designed to allow select types of lawsuits against federal employees, this act spent over 20 years in limbo, until one tragic incident sparked a change.

In 1945, one of the U.S. Army’s B-25 bombers was flying over New York on a foggy day with limited visibility. The visibility issues caused the pilot to crash the bomber into the Empire State Building, which at that time was the tallest building in the world. The crash resulted in the deaths of 14 people, three on the bomber and 11 in the Empire State Building at the time. Eight months after the crash occurred, the federal government offered money to the families of the victims, but most were dissatisfied with the amount and felt that they would have gotten more if they were allowed to file a lawsuit.

In response, Congress finally passed the Federal Tort Claims Act and made it retroactive to 1945 so the victims of the crash could sue for damages. The families ended up winning their lawsuits.

The Lawsuit Process

Filing a lawsuit under the Federal Tort Claims Act is more difficult than filing a standard lawsuit, as you first have to submit a claim to the federal agency responsible for the alleged negligence. The federal agency will then review your claim, which is known as an administrative claim. The simplest way to submit this claim is by filling out the federal government’s Standard Form 95, which is available online at the Department of Justice website. You’re also able to get the form from the federal agency where you plan to submit it.

Although you have two years from the incident to file your claim, it’s best to file as early as possible in case there are any disputes about the timeliness of your claim. On your claim form, you have to provide information about your injury claim and how much you are seeking in damages. Once you submit your form, the agency has up to six months to investigate it and respond.

The best case scenario is that the agency admits that your claim is valid and decides to pay you the requested amount. It may also agree to pay you a portion of the damages you’re seeking, in which case you can choose whether or not to accept the offer. If you don’t want to accept the offer or if the agency denies your claim entirely, then you can file a lawsuit, which you must do within six months of the agency’s response to you. There is also the possibility that the agency doesn’t respond to your claim within six months. In that case, you can either wait for its response (the timeframe for you to file a lawsuit starts when the agency mails the response, so you won’t run out of time by waiting for a response) or go ahead with your lawsuit.

You have to file your lawsuit with the federal court, and you’re only able to sue for the amount specified in your administrative claim. Once the lawsuit begins, it follows the same process as any other. The Department of Justice usually assigns new attorneys to the case once lawsuit starts, which means they may be more willing to settle than the attorneys who reviewed your administrative claim.

Consulting an Attorney

You can represent yourself in a Federal Tort case, but the complexity of the law makes it smarter to hire an attorney. For the best results, consult with an attorney from the very beginning so they can guide you through the entire process.

Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers

Fill out the form to schedule a free consultation