Anytime you buy a product, you expect it to work the way that it should. As a consumer, each product or item that you buy should not put you at risk of injury or harm. Unfortunately, mistakes can happen and products can malfunction. You may be able to file a defective products personal injury case if you are injured by a malfunctioning product.
Defective products are one of the areas that fall under the umbrella of personal injury. You will want to hire an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you in your defective products personal injury case.
What Does a Defective Products Case Look Like?
A defective products case can include all different types of products or items. This includes items or products that are for the public to use or owned by another individual. Examples of defective products are include things like firearms, vehicles, or guardrails. Defective medical devices or defective drugs can also lead to serious injuries.
But innocent items can also malfunction and cause injury. Even things like toys or technology can be defective.
However, a defective product case can be slightly difficult to prove. To win your case, you need to prove that you were not using the product the wrong way when you were harmed. You must show that the manufacturer is at fault for the accident. An attorney with experience representing similar cases will better be able to do this.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help in a Defective Products Case?
There are a few strong reasons why you will want to enlist the help of a personal injury attorney in your defective products case. First, a personal injury attorney can help you prove that the manufacturer of the product is at fault. Second, a personal injury attorney can help you get the maximum compensation possible.
Let’s break down exactly how a personal injury attorney will help you do those two things.
- Expert Opinion: To confirm your story, you will need expert witnesses. A witness expert can help prove that your story is true and stand by your statement on the malfunctioning product. An expert opinion can also back up your claim that you were not using the product inappropriately when the injury happened.
Without the help of a personal injury attorney, it may be difficult to find experts to support you. But, personal injury attorneys use expert witnesses in their cases frequently. This means they will be able to contact as many experts as you need to help support your case.
- Acquiring Evidence: You will need various forms of evidence to prove that you were not at fault for the accident. But if you do not know what kind of evidence you need, you may not have enough.
A personal injury attorney will know just what you need to prove your side of the story is true. Because a personal injury attorney knows what kind of evidence you need, you can better support your claims. A personal injury attorney will help fill in the gaps of what other evidence you need.
- Negotiation: When it comes time to talk numbers, you want someone who knows what they are doing in your court. Compensation from the court will help you pay for a variety of expenses. The most common include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Your attorney will be an expert negotiator who has your best interests in mind. Attorneys also know what they need to say or prove to get insurance companies to pay you more money. With a personal attorney helping you, you can get more money in your pocket.
- Experience: Unless you’ve been through a few product liability cases in the past, you probably have no clue what the court process will look like. For many people, this is an intimidating thought – especially if you are still injured and trying to recover.
A personal injury attorney works on similar cases every day. Because they’ve been in the position many times before, their nerves are calm and they’re ready to move forward. With their experience, you can rest knowing you’re in good hands.
- Time and Commitment: If you choose not to hire an attorney, gathering evidence, supporting your claims, and getting expert testimonial is all up to you. This can be challenging when you’re trying to recover and return to work. When you’re recovering from an injury because of the defective product, you don’t want to use all your energy trying to prove your case.
Get the rest that you need with the help of a Bucks County Defective Products Attorney. While they work on getting the support and evidence needed to prove your case, you can focus on getting your life back on track.
Compensation from a Product Liability Case
As with many other kinds of personal injury cases, you may be entitled to various forms of compensation. This will depend on the extent of the damages and kinds of injuries. Here are some of the areas that you may get compensation in.
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses if applicable
A personal injury attorney will work with you to determine which areas fit your case. They can also help you determine the appropriate amount of compensation to ask for. However, in order to get money from a defective products case, you must first prove that the manufacturer of the product directly caused your injury.
Because these kinds of cases can be difficult to prove and challenging to complete, don’t try to defend yourself. Allow a personal injury attorney to take on your case, negotiate on your behalf, and set you on track for living a high-quality life even after your injury.
What Our Clients Say About Us
"I had an accident that almost cost me my life. At first I was not going to pursue a case because, I was thinking how could I afford an attorney being a college student? But Farar Law changed all of..." -Rhyann H.Read More
"I was driving home merging onto the 110 S/B FWY, when I was rear-ended. Immediately, I felt pain to my lower back and neck. Initially I thought I would be okay, but as time went by I wasn't feeling any..." -Robert F.Read More
"My daughter and I, were victims of a drunk driver. He went off the freeway and landed on my vehicle. My back window was shattered and my baby was in the backseat. Luckily we were okay. Sore and bruised, but..." -Amanda Ortega.Read More
"I had an accident that almost cost me my life. At first I was not going to pursue a case because, I was thinking how could I afford an attorney being a college student? But Farar Law changed all of..." -Fabian V.Read More