Before hiring a lawyer on the contingency fee basis, you should be sure to understand the appropriate risks that are associated with your case as well as how you can protect your case. You should also be conversant with the certain law areas that involve contingency fees as well as what you should consider before hiring the contingency-fee lawyer.
Contingency Fees can Be Frustrating
For both clients and their attorneys, the contingency fees can be a great source of frustration. Contingency fees, in general, are usually a great problem to both the attorney and their clients if:
• A case recovers a lot of money of settles too fast. For the clients, they will be frustrated that they have paid more to their attorneys than what they feel they deserve.
• A case recovers little money or goes loner than it is expected. The attorneys will also be frustrated for the expense and time lost as a result of such cases.
On other words, contingency fees are always accurate by nature. For this reason, no one between the client or the lawyer will feel shorted in any case. All lawyers understand the risk involved. Therefore, they will offset to get a low income for a certain case and getting paid more than they deserve with other cases. On the same note, clients paying a large amount of money to their clients feel frustrated.
Contingency Fees Not Available for all Legal Matters
Our personal injury attorneys are contacted by people who do not have any experience working with lawyers. This impression is often shaped by the television adverts, movies, shows, and adverts. For this reason, they think that most attorneys are paid on the contingency terms. However, contingency fees are only used for certain types of cases or legal matters that are frequent on the television shows and infomercials.
Legal Areas where Contingency Fees are Applicable
• Defective products that often result in injuries
• The fair Debt Collection Practices Cap that is a violation against creditors whenever they harass their debtors
• Boat accidents, car accidents, work-related accidents as well as other personal injuries.
Contingency Fees are Not Available for
• Starting business or a company
• Criminal defense cases (drug, traffic, DUI, as well as other charges)
• Registering a copyright, a trademark, or a patent
• Drafting a will, a contract, trust, or any other form of legal documents in the legal arena
• Divorce as well as the similar law issues.
Lawyers Accepting Contingency Fees
Let us look at the most common factors that lawyers consider so that they can determine their choice to accept the contingency fees or not. Most lawyers, in general, prefer to avoid the contingency fees because:
1. There is a risk that they may end up getting nothing as a law company
2. There is a risk that they may end up getting more money from the client, which will, in turn, raise frustration on the side of the client.
3. All the payments can be delayed until they are collected from the party that opposes the motion.
These are some of the reasons why most law firms do not accept the contingency fees.
Attorneys who accept the contingency fee cases:
• Tend to choose the type of cases they represent
• Represent people or plaintiffs without enough money to pay for their hourly lawyer fees
• Practice in a common law area where the contingency fee applies.
Should your Hire an Attorney on Contingency?
People who engage in hiring the lawyers have no option of paying them for the hourly lawyer rates because the money is too much. They must accept the contingency fee agreement to seek justice. If you are hiring a lawyer on those terms, keep in mind that they are concerned about their benefits first. For this reason, they will not disadvantage themselves during these times. Lawyers who are selective about the fee cases succeed financially.
What Our Clients Say About Us
"I had an accident that almost cost me my life. At first I was not going to pursue a case because, I was thinking how could I afford an attorney being a college student? But Farar Law changed all of..." -Rhyann H.Read More
"I was driving home merging onto the 110 S/B FWY, when I was rear-ended. Immediately, I felt pain to my lower back and neck. Initially I thought I would be okay, but as time went by I wasn't feeling any..." -Robert F.Read More
"My daughter and I, were victims of a drunk driver. He went off the freeway and landed on my vehicle. My back window was shattered and my baby was in the backseat. Luckily we were okay. Sore and bruised, but..." -Amanda Ortega.Read More
"I had an accident that almost cost me my life. At first I was not going to pursue a case because, I was thinking how could I afford an attorney being a college student? But Farar Law changed all of..." -Fabian V.Read More