After a serious injury in a car accident involving a Geico-covered driver, you may need to file a Geico injury claim. Many injury victims, however, may have a lot of questions about what that process might look like. What exactly is Geico auto insurance? How can it help you get the compensation you deserve after a car accident? If you have questions about your right to compensation or how to deal with Geico after an accident, an experienced car accident attorney can help answer your questions.
GEICO AUTO INSURANCE
As a large insurance company, Geico has a lot of power–and many injury victims may feel highly intimidated when dealing with the company. Fortunately, having an attorney on your side can make it easier to pursue your claim and get the compensation you deserve. Filing a Geico injury claim can prove difficult, especially if you suffered serious injuries or have severe financial losses. An attorney can help.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM THE GEICO INJURY CLAIM PROCESS?
After the accident, get in touch with a car accident lawyer to learn how much compensation you should expect and what steps you need to take to protect yourself. Often, Geico will try to get in touch with you before you have a chance to talk to an attorney, which can put them in the position of power as they attempt to manage the claim process. With an attorney, on the other hand, you can better manage your claim.
Managing Property Damage
If the other driver caused your accident, you likely have the right to claim compensation for any property damage you sustained as a result of the car accident. You will need to have your vehicle evaluated, either by a Geico-approved repair company or by the insurance adjuster. That evaluation will help determine how much damage your vehicle sustained and how much it will cost to repair it. If the cost of repairs to your vehicle exceeds more than 70% of the vehicle’s value, Geico may decide to write off your vehicle and provide you funds to replace it, instead of repairing it.
If you have to file a Geico insurance claim that includes serious injuries, you may have a longer road to compensation. Geico will need to look over your medical records and your medical bills to determine how much compensation you may deserve for those injuries. Furthermore, you may be granted compensation for the non-financial elements of pain and suffering that went along with the accident. If you suffered injuries, an attorney can help you break down your financial losses and how much compensation to ask for.
HOW DOES GEICO DETERMINE HOW MUCH MY CLAIM IS WORTH?
In order to determine how much your claim is worth, Geico will look at several critical elements.
- What injuries did you suffer, and what limitations did they cause?
- What medical bills do you have from your accident?
- What damage occurred to your vehicle, and how much does it cost to repair it?
- What other financial losses, including lost wages, do you have as a result of your accident with a Geico driver?
HOW CAN A LAWYER HELP WITH A GEICO INJURY CLAIM?
If you need to file a Geico injury claim, having a lawyer on your side can offer a number of critical advantages. First and foremost, a lawyer can make sure you understand your rights, which can prove vital to helping you fight for that much-deserved compensation after an accident. A lawyer can also:
- Collect evidence related to your accident, including evidence that can help establish that the other driver caused your injuries and that, as a result, you deserve compensation through the driver’s Geico insurance policy.
- Locate factors that may not have been taken into account the first time your claim was programmed into Colossus.
- Present a compelling claim that establishes your full right to compensation, including any discretionary funds the adjuster may have the ability to offer.
- Aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve if Geico delays payment or refuses to pay.
Don’t be intimidated or blown off by Geico. Learn more about your legal rights by scheduling your free case evaluation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS GEICO GOOD AT PAYING CLAIMS?
Geico, like most insurance companies, may fight to avoid paying out the full compensation you may deserve, particularly in the case of severe injuries. While Colossus offers an unbiased look at the compensation you may deserve, it may not take into account all the factors related to the accident and your injury, which could leave you struggling for the compensation you really need.
DO I NEED A LAWYER FOR A GEICO INJURY CLAIM?
You should always have an attorney on your side when dealing with a car accident claim involving serious injuries, including a Geico injury claim. An attorney can offer many advantages to your claim, from providing you with much-needed support to seeking the evidence you need to help establish your right to compensation.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR GEICO TO SETTLE A CLAIM?
It varies. Unfortunately, there is no perfect timeline for a Geico injury claim settlement. Some claims can settle within a matter of weeks, while others may drag out for months or even, in some cases, years. Some factors that may come into play may include:
- The severity of your injuries. Sometimes, you may need time to recover before you can finalize your Geico injury claim, since you may not yet know how much compensation you will need to ask for.
- The extent of the compensation you have to ask for. Geico may delay your claim if you need to ask for considerable compensation after severe injuries.
- Whether or not fault in the accident is disputed. If it is not clear who caused the accident, or if you may bear partial liability for the accident, it can take longer to reach a settlement agreement.