Los Angeles Premise Accident Lawyers
Los Angeles Premise Accident Lawyers
Farar & Lewus consist of a team of expert premises liability trial attorneys who are well known within the Los Angeles and surrounding communities for our professionalism and quality services. We never shy away from a hard case. When managing this type of case, our extensive experience has taught us that they are winnable. Premises liability refers to a section of Personal Injury Law where the owner or occupier of the property is officially accountable for accidents and injuries that take place on premises.
Property owners are responsible for making sure their premises is fairly safe for visitors at their homes, citizens walking along sidewalks or customers within a business. We provide guidance and legal counsel to injured individual who were lawfully on the property of another party. We feel that every part of our client’s case calls for dedication and attention to detail.
After the completion of an investigation, we scrutinize all laws that are possibly relevant for getting you maximum compensation. We’re also specialists at valuating your claim. Your medical bills are merely a starting point. What about the time you spent away from work, your future medical and rehabilitation expenses, continuing suffering and pain along with physical difficulties? A full review of your claim will also result in the evaluation of other cases similar to yours that were previously decided on by the courts.
Lewis & Farar represents clients in many premises liability cases, including but not limited to:
1. Slip and fall: Slip and fall is the sudden loss of a grip due to a slick path, leading to a drop. Slip-and-fall accidents can lead to slight injuries like scrapes and bruises. Slip, trip, and fall injuries may also result in ongoing medical expenses and physical therapy treatments. Some slip-and-fall injuries can result in permanent damage to the body and requires years of treatment or rehabilitation.
Slip and fall is the most common premises liability injury. Generally, slip and fall accidents include spilled food or liquid in grocery store aisles. In the event you suffered from a slip and fall because of dangerous conditions on another person ‘s property, you have the right to seek compensation for all of your medical expenses, lost wages and other damages resulting from the accident.
2. Negligence & Security: When an assault, mugging or a similar event occurs on public property and it could have been prevented through security or appropriate lighting, the property owner may be held responsible. Were there railings that were dangerous or was the pavement faulty? If you were injured due to a lack in security, we will be able to assist you in discovering what remedies are available to you. Property owners are responsible for keeping their premises safe.
3. Pool accidents: Kids playing around public or private pool areas are at risk of slip and fall injuries and even drownings.
4. Scaffolding, ladder and roof falls: When a ladder, scaffold and a roof caves in, it is usually the result of faulty construction.
5. Design flaws and constructing defects: When a building has been constructed badly, it could result in serious bodily injury.
6. Dog bites: Homeowners are liable when their dogs or other animals attack an individual.
Premises Liability: A Responsibility to Care
When a someone invites you to their home for business or casual purposes, they have a responsibility to provide you with security. The law refers to this as “duty of care.” Should the property owner fail to meet this requirement and you are injured as a result, you may be able to hold the home owner responsible and win a settlement for your injuries.
Typical injuries include the following:
1. Slip-and-fall accidents
2. Vulnerability to hazardous materials, like lead
3. Criminal strikes
4. Elevator accidents
5. Pool accidents including drowning and near drowning
In all of the aforementioned accidents, there’s something the property owner could have done to prevent the accident.
We will not overlook any expenses you may be entitled to, considering all current and future losses.
We want to know all about your:
1. Medical Bills – Past & Future
2. Wage Loss – Past & Future
3. Suffering, Pain, and the inability to enjoy life
4. Out-Of-Pocket costs like prescriptions, and travel to medical appointments
Working to Win Your Case
Immediately after your accident, you should attempt to write down as much information about the incident as possible. Unfortunately, people usually place the blame on the victim in these type of cases. It is very important that you acquire as much factual information as possible, so we will have a greater chance at winning your case. All details can be vital to your case, especially if there were witnesses present.
If you or a loved one was injured due to the negligence of a property owner, and you are seeking a California premises liability attorney who guarantees loyalty and personalized representation, please contact our law firm today. We offer a free consultation to help you decide if you have a case and what can be done. We take a personal approach. At Farar & Lewis, you are a client, not a number. During your personal consultation, we will discuss the issues of your case.